Donate Here

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Last Full Week At Home

     As I look at the calender, truly believing my last week at home continuously sends chills throughout my body. Where has the time gone? the same question I frequently ask when seeing my appearance and all that I have accomplished. I know every Afser might be excited to embark on a new journey, but for me this feels like a new life awaiting. For a better expression, the feeling one gets when leaving home to attend University. With this decision I make, and the the many more to decide in the next few months; will surely have an Impact. This Impact will definitely affect the life I lead in the future, and most importantly the people I encounter and the relationships developed. Now some of you make ask What other decisions need to be made?
           Well, we already know the Netherlands will be an entire year of learning and integrating, but what about after that? That is a question that needs to be answered soon, and that answer must take time to present itself. With all these opportunities on the table, so much sparkle lightens up the choices at hand. Attending University next year in sunny California, or breathtaking Paris!, maybe even England; possibly deciding to go back to the Netherlands is among the options available. All I know is their is no better way to decide on life, then being out there experiencing it.

         Growing up in America contributed to all that is happening today, and without all                    
the wonderful teachers, family, and positive friends, this would not be possible. Without all of the challenges I've went through ranging from everything that made me sad, broke my heart, or created frustration, has paved a way for me to grow into the man I am becoming currently. I know challenges will come my way, but because of the passion and Integrity built in me; I will prevail and make the best of any situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment